Life in Small Towns - Papers
Wednesday, 1 August 2012
The Paper Evaluation Committee comprised the following:
- Prof. Dr. Abdul Rahman
- Prof. Shaukat Nawaz Raja
- Prof. Dr. Anis Siddiqi
- Prof. Sajida Vandal
- Prof. Pervaiz Vandal
- Ar. Amna Jahangir (Secretary to Conference)
2. Prof. Dr. Priyaleen Singh, Professor, Dept of Architectural Conservation, School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, CONSERVING HISTORIC TOWNS: A Framework for Integrated conservation plan for Orchha, a small medieval settlement in central India
3. Ashok Koshy, Embracing Modernity: An Ancient Tradition in Crisis 4. Balvinder Singh, Head, Guru Ram Das School of Planning, G.N.D.U, Amritsar, Rahul Singla, Assistant professor, Guru Ram Das School of Planning, G.N.D.U, Amritsar, Life in Indian Punjab’s Muslim Town Malerkotla-Issues and Strategies
5. Eesha Thaker, PhD / Research student, Department of Museology, Faculty of Fine Arts, The Maharaja Sayajiroa University of Baroda – Vadodara (Gujarat), Life of the Pastoral Bharwad in Rajkot (Saurashtra, Gujarat) – Ethnic Sustainability in Transition
6. Ridhima Bajaj, Conservation architect, New Delhi, LIFE IN A SMALL TOWN, JAISALMER ‐ A traditional small town
7. Prof. T. K. Nimal P. De Silva, Scio- Cultural Impact on the Changing Trends of Small Cities
8. Dr. Taraneh Yalda, Tehran Life in Iranian Small Towns 9. Sharieh Hosseini, Yazd, “Yazd” The Pearl of the Desert
10. S. M. Hossein Ayatollahi, Assistant Professor: Yazd University School of Art and Architecture, Mahbobeh Porahmadi, Lecturer: Mehriz Azad University, Baud-Geers of Yazd and Aghda: City and Small Town Identity
11. Alireza Golkarieh, Yazd, Sahar Morady, Tehran, How Industrial Invasion affects the Architecture of Small Iranian Towns
12. Mehrdad Bahmani, Tehran, Torbat Jām, A Small City with a Multicultural Heritage
13. Shera Owlia, Yazd, Mahdi Sadeghahmadi, PhD candidate, PhD Candidate, Conservation Faculty, Art University of Isfahan The potential of living in harmony with nature in small towns.
14. Jalal Mohaddesi, Landscape Department, Faculty of Architecture, Fine Arts College, Tehran University Cultural Pedestrians: An investigation in pedestrian Architectural | urban spaces during religious mourning rituals
15. Prof. Dr. Jawaid Haider, Pennsylvania State University, Dr. Madhuri Desai Assistant Professor, Pennsylvania State University From Dubai to Mofussilabad: Small Towns and Architectural Spectacle in South Asia
16. Meagan Schoenfelder, North Dakota, The Narrative of the Lynch Knife River Flint Quarry: Small Communities and Big Issues
17. Ambreen Saqib, Boston Life in Small Towns: Cordoba in Spain
18. Waqar Ahmed, London Laang Lahore
19. Kiran Bashir Ahmad, Senior Lecturer, Institute of Professional Psychology, Bahria University, Karachi Urban Residents’ Life Satisfaction after Migration to a Metropolitan City: A Comparison of the Factors Influencing Life Satisfaction in Karachi and Delhi.
20. Sadia Ahmed, Lahore Forgotten Heroes From Small Towns
21. Dr. Rao Nadeem Alam, Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Sajjad Haider, Fieldwork Supervisor, Department of Anthropology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad Balakot: A Victim Town of Earthquake
22. Nadir Ali, Gujrat Life in a Small Town : Life in Gujrat at the time of Partition
23. Fazal-um-min Allah, Enterpreneur, Engineer, Human Rights Activist, Jhang Political Fire in the City of Love and Spirituality
24. Dr. Nadia Anjum, Kinnaird College for Women, Farah Iqbal, Kinnaird College for Women
25. Amina Ejaz, LUMS Haveli Bhumman Shah
26. Prof. Dr. S. Gulzar Haider, Ph.D. , B.Arch., Beaconhouse National University, Lahore Who Shall Compare Thee With Small Town?
27. Dr. Imdad Hussain, Assistant Professor at Center for Public Policy and Governance, Forman Christian College, Lahore. Anti-Urbanism and Small Towns Dilapidation in Punjab: A Case of Lodhran
28. Umair Javed, Islamabad Profit in the name of God: Commerce, Identity and Patronage in Punjab
29. Dr. Kanwal Khalid, Keeper Paintings, Lahore Museum The Art of Alpana in Smaller Towns
30. Mamoona Khan, Head Fine Arts, GPGCW, S'Town Rawalpindi Kuri, Do not let By Gone be By Bone
31. Samra Khan, Department of Architecture & Design, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Park Road, Chak Shahzad, Islamabad Chronicling the Development and Growth of Sarai Khurbooza; Culture, Conservationism and Sustainability
32. Mano Javed, Lahore Sialkot – where romance lives
33. Bazla Manzoor, Faislabad Architectural Elements and Techniques From the city of Chiniot, Pakistan
34. Kamil Khan Mumtaz, Lahore Life in Small Towns - a theoretical framework
35. Adeela Mushtaq, Lecturer, Department of Architecture, PU Lahore Life in Small Towns
36. Prof. Dr. Anila Naeem, NED University Karachi SHIKARPOOR: Experiences of a City under Shadows of a Glorious Past
37. Prof. Dr. Neelum Naz, Professor, UET Lahore, Fatima Javed, Lecturer, UET Lahore, Gujranwala: A city in Transition
38. Asaf Niwaz, Assistant professor, Department of Education, Hazara University Ahmad Hussain, Assistant professor, Department of Environmental Sciences, Hazara University Existing Basic Facilities, Disparities, and Future Hopes: An Evaluation
39. Husain Qazi, ASG Lahore THE ROAD TO KASUR
40. Ravindar Kumar Ravi, Assistant professor, Department of Architecture and Planning, NED University, Karachi Eruditions of A Transitional City: Based on Urban Design Graduate Studies of Mingora, Swat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
41. Syed Faisal Sajjad, Associate Professor, Department of Architecture National College of Arts, Lahore Life in displaced small towns (The case of South Punjab during floods)
42. Saba Samee Bahawalpur and its socio-political and cultural evolution observed through its ‘Nawabi’ Architecture
43. Dr. Muhammad Shafique Associate Professor, Department of History, B Z. University, Multan From Centrality to Marginality, Life and Development in Sera-i-Sidho During the Colonial Period
44. Dr. Ghafer Shahzad, Auqaf Lahore CULT OF SUFI SHRINES IN SMALL TOWNS
45. Shahid Waseem, M. Phil Student, International Development Studies IQRA University, Islamabad Media, Culture, Society and People: Changing Development Patterns in a Pakistani Town
46. Dr. Fareeha Zafar, Geography, Education, Lahore Life in Small Towns : Pakpattan and Arifwala
posted by S A J Shirazi @ Wednesday, August 01, 2012,
- At 20:37, HQ said...
THAAP in a short span of time has greatly contributed to the promotion of history, art & architecture in Pakistan. Life in Small Town will be another noble venture that will promote knowledge and awareness.
I seek the valuable input of the informed readers for my presentation "Road to Kasur".
Lets wait for a grand event.
Links to this post: